Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer

Theodore Boone, Kid Lawyer Books 1 &2
by John Grisham


I have actually only read one John Grisham book in my lifetime but I really loved it. When I saw that he had written a kids book I was so excited. I love kids books and a kids series by such an acclaimed author must be good!

I was not let down! I thoroughly enjoyed both books and can't wait for the next one to come out. So much unfinished business to take care of.

These books detail the life of Theodore Boone, kid lawyer. Ok, so a kid can't really be a lawyer, but he somehow finds himself doing just that, or at least advocating for his friends and being someone to come to for advice. His parents are lawyers and he wants to be a lawyer or judge. He finds himself in two different situations in these books that brings up great questions about right and wrong. Sometimes it's not always clear what is the best thing to do. What do you do when someone confides in you about a murder but telling someone could mean that person telling could be in trouble? And what do you do when your best friend goes missing? How far would you go to help?

You will fall in love with this bright, intelligent boy as he navigates the world of school and law.

No comments:

Post a Comment