Monday, May 2, 2011

The Invsible Man

The Invisible Man
H.G. Wells

This was a nice short read and surprisingly not all that difficult to understand. I had never heard much about this short novel before but I know it is somewhat of a classic so I thought I would give it a shot. It was intriguing and basically seemed to boil down to a science experiment not so thoroughly worked out before executed.

We’ve all thought that it would be kind of neat to be invisible at one time or another. But much like the man in the story I think we attribute other factors along with our invisibility as we imagine it. We also don’t think we will be able to be heard, which in fact you can be if invisibility is your only superpower. It’s quite interesting his experiment in becoming invisible and he takes a much more scientific look at the idea than a fantastical magic cape sort of deal.

One thing that I did not quite understand was the invisible man’s temper. I can see his frustration at times but he has an awful temper which ultimately I think is his demise. He might have had quite a nice unusual, but semi-normal existence if he had not been power-hungry, selfish and completely mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment