Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Out of the Silent Planet

Out of the Silent Planet
by C. S. Lewis

I love C.S. Lewis. Ever since I read the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe in 6th grade I have been fascinated with the wide imagination and extremely intellectual mind of this author. In college I had taken a British literature class and had to read one of the books in his sci-fi trilogy. Ever since then I have wanted to read the others but never got around to it, until now.

Out of the Silent planet is book one in this 3 book series of interplanetary adventures. I am not normally one for much science fiction though I will admit the imaginary planets are quite fascinating. This book introduces us to Ransom and how his adventures all began.

It takes you to another world where earth, the silent planet, is not the center of the universe. It helps you see man in a new light, more objectively. It certainly showcases the evil that lurks in our world and in our hearts. It reminds us of an unseen world around us that we often forget about.

I look forward to reading the next two books to see what adventures await.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the plug on this book, Beckster! After reading this, I called the library and put it on hold. I started it today... looking forward to the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Let me know what you think. I just checked out book 2 in the series tonight so I'll be starting that soon.

    ReplyDelete