Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Lost World

The Lost World
by Michael Crichton
More dinosaurs and more carnage. Although I will say that this book did not start out quite as grotesque as Jurassic Park. This book discussed the scientific theories for the extinction of dinosaurs. Of course no definitive answer was given since that is still unknown to us.
The “chase” if you will did not really ensue until halfway or more through the book. But then I was hanging on for another wild ride. It did hold my attention and keep me turning the pages but I don’t think much more inventive can be done with dinosaur and human encounters. Bad idea. I got it. 
Overall, it kept my attention but I would say it was rather redundant in many capacities. It was definitely an extension of the first book and did shed some light on issues from that book. Take it or leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment