Monday, November 7, 2011

Latest Reads & Changes to come

To all my fellow readers. Though I have not posted in a while I have been reading. In fact I just finished two books this week which were great reads.

1. Lost on Planet China by J. Maarten Troost
I enjoyed the authors sarcasm and witty thoughts in regards to his trip throughout China. In actuality, though there is much humor in this book, there is much fact. That I can attest to because I've been there and seen some of what he talks about. It is also a sad read in that China has has a terrible history and the present is not all that much better. Overall, they are a nation that simply does not look at the big picture when making decisions. If you would like to learn about current Chinese culture and some history this is a great read.

2. The Atonement Child by Francine Rivers
A friend of mine lent me some of Rivers books and this was the first I devoured. I can't say it was one of my favorite reads, but it was good. It primarily dealt with the topic of abortion and how devastating it can be for all parties involved. It is not a happy go lucky read. It is a hard read dealing with harsh realities of life and death. It is a good read for todays day and age. Just yesterday I opened the paper and read an article dealing with the issue of abortion. This is not an issue that will go away as long as their are people still fighting for the rights of the unborn. And I hope that will always be the case.

As far as the changes to come, I am planning on re-vamping this particular blog site. It will no longer exist as is. I will continue to post book reviews on my other site though so no worries about finding a good book to read. (As if this is any help at all anyway). I will be re-launching a new blog site dealing with advocacy and human rights issues. I'll let you know when it's up and going. Thanks for being faithful followers!

No comments:

Post a Comment